Referrals can be everything to a business. There truly is no greater compliment than to have customers so happy they recommend you to their friends and associates.
So how do you build up referrals? Professional Remodeler has some ideas:
- Do a good job! Without this piece of the puzzle, building referrals is useless.
- As a remodeler, your clients are undergoing an expensive and occasionally emotional home project. The best way to start your relationship off on the right foot is to sit down and communicate what you can do within the scope of the project. Really listen to your client and what they want and be prepared to tell them if that doesn’t match up with what you are able to do.
- You don’t get what you don’t ask for. Be straightforward and ask your clients to refer you to their network. Think about it this way: Have you ever been happy with a product or service and willing to recommend it, but just forgot unless specifically asked (“Say Joe, how do you like your new truck?”)? If the company you were happy with asked you and made it easy, you might have been more proactive. So don’t be shy; ask your clients for referrals!
- One of the best ways to get referrals is through the use of social media. Keep your Facebook page up to date with your latest projects that people can like and comment on. Pinterest is also a great resource for people to pin your photos and home ideas.
- To get clients to share their thoughts honestly, try using a third-party system to gather feedback. Professional Remodeler notes that GuildQuality can be a good resource for this. And don’t forget to have the survey sent promptly!
For more ideas about how remodelers can gain referrals, visit Professional Remodeler.