The spring building season is almost here and many analysts predict new construction will improve on last year’s rebound. With mortgage rates still near record lows and existing home inventory extremely low, buyers are expected to start building again.
Are you ready?
The National Association of Home Builders recently released What Home Buyers Really Want, which includes extensive 2012 survey results of new and potential home buyers. Without giving away too much — the book is available for purchase for a modest price — here are some of the findings you should factor into your 2013 strategy to attract more clients:
- 94 percent of home buyers want Energy Star-rated appliances
- 91 percent want an Energy Star rating for the whole home
- 89 perecent want Energy Star rated windows
- 88 percent want ceiling fans
- 93 percent want a laundry room
- 86 percent want garage storage space for bikes, sporting equipment, gardening tools, etc.
- 85 percent want a walk-in pantry
Now, it’s possible buyer demands haven’t changed much over the past several years. But if ever there was a time to know exactly what buyers want, it’s now.