The thing about plans is you can’t really judge them until they’ve been carried out.
That’s a costly reality in homebuilding, but that’s exactly why builders often repeat their most successful floor plans rather than reinvent the wheel.
A few months back, Susan Bady at HousingZone.com served up six best-selling floors that accommodate the many and varied needs of buyers. The floor plans include:
- A 2,400-square-foot, four-bedroom home starting at $229,000
- A livable townhouse built over a two-stall attached garage
- A luxurious Spanish-style home with all the features of a vacation resort
- A versatile 1,900-square-foot home with several dedicated rooms for privacy
- A surprisingly affordable 4,300-square-foot home with four bedrooms
- A single-level open concept with three large bedrooms
Of course, each home’s successful track record is contingent on several factors, not the least of which is where they were built. But plan speaks to providing solutions, whether it’s ample space for a large family, rooms dedicated to work and play or a home that provides necessary privacy for a multi-generational family arrangement.